How to reach
The workshop will be held in the Congress Center of the University of Naples "Federico II", located at Via Partenope, 36 - 80121 - Naples (the blue landmark on the map below).
View GAMES 2012 in a larger map
Thanks to its strategic position, Naples can be easily reached by air (Capodichino International Airport, code NAP) or by land.
In the following, we provide different solutions to reach the Conference Location starting from the airport or from the main railway station.
Airport to Congress Center by Bus
Tickets cost € 3.00 and can be bought directly on board the bus or also at the Sun Store shop in the airport.
Once taken the Alibus:
- Get off at the last stop (Municipio/Molo Beverello)
- Walk for about 200mt south-west to Via Acton
- Take the bus 154 (Timetable).
- Get off after six stops (Via Partenope). The stop is located few meters before the Congress Center.
Airport to Congress Center by Taxi
There is a standard fare of about € 23. In order to get such fare, specify Alberghi Lungomare as the desired destination when getting the taxi from the Airport.
We strongly advice to get only authorized taxis, that can be easily recognized by the fact that they are white and expose one of the following two logos:
Railway Station to Congress Center by Bus
- Go to the Bus Terminal located in Piazza Garibaldi, just out of the station.
- Take the R2 bus and get off at Municipio (the eighth stop). R2 buses run every 7/8 minutes from the Terminal.
- Walk for less than 2 Kms following this path.
As well as healthy (thanks to the walk), this solution is very cheap since it costs only € 1.20 for the bus ticket.
Railway Station to Congress Center by Train and Bus
In more details, once in the Railway station:
- Take the Metro Line 2 directly from the station.
(please follow the indications for Metronapoli Line 2 and/or for Platform 4)
- Get off at the fourth stop, Mergellina.
- Exit the station and take the C24 bus. (Timetable)
- Get off at the ninth stop (V. Partenope), just in front of the Conference Location.
Railway Station to Congress Center by Taxi
There is a standard fare of € 11.50. In order to get such fare, specify Alberghi Lungomare as the desired destination when getting the taxi from the Railway Station.
We highly advice to get only authorized taxis, that can be easily recognized by the fact that they are white and expose one of the following two logos:
For further information, such as tourist information, itineraries, subway and bus maps, please visit the City of Naples website.